Building Green recently published their top ten energy efficient products of 2019. If you would like more information on these products you can watch the video from Building Green here. However, the following are the products and what they replace (in no particular order):
10. SolarEdge EV Charging Single Phase Inverter- This replaces the standard home outlet for charging vehicles or difficult to integrate renewable energy and EV charging stations.
9. Industrial Louvers Custom Aluminum Sunshades- These sunshades offer an answer for buildings with no exterior sun control.
8. Rheem Prestige Series Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater- To replace the old standard water heater.
7. Superior Essex Red List Free Communication Category Cable- Use these cables to replace PVC-coated high voltage copper wiring.
6. Rad Power Bikes Red Wagon- These fun bikes can help cut down on energy, traffic, and car usage.
5. Shaw PVC-Free Resilient Flooring- This flooring can replace vinyl resilient flooring
4. Urban Mining Northeast Pozzotive Ground Glass Pozzolan- Replacing high global warming potential concrete.
3. MSA Safety Chillgard 5,000 Refrigerant Leak Monitor- Reduces your risk of high global warming potential refrigerant leaks.
2. NantEnergy Zinc-Air Smart Energy Storage Systems- Replace toxic lead-acid batteries.
1. Seool Semiconductor SunLike Series LED- Get a more illuminating and less offensive light than regular LEDs with these.
Whether you are building or renovating a home, or just want to learn new ways to help lower your carbon footprint, these are great alternatives to outdated energy uses.
If you live in the Bay Areas of Berkeley, Tiburon, Marin or San Francisco, and you are in the midst of or thinking about building the custom home of your dreams, make sure you have a knowledgeable project manager or owner’s representative to help you build an energy efficient home.
There are plenty of places to cut costs when building a home, but cutting costs at the expense of our environment does not need to be one of them.Read More