what I do
As a construction project manager in Marin County, the San Francisco Bay Area and Napa and Sonoma counties. I will become an integral part of your team. As your home Owner’s Representative, I will oversee the entire process. The amount of time I spend on each project is flexible and can be determined by you the owner. I charge an hourly fee.
Though it’s best to have a home construction project manager throughout the process, there are three distinct stages during which I can help you:
- Ensure there is a realistic budget that encompasses all costs both soft (design, engineering, permits), and hard (construction).
- Ascertain whether the developing design matches the budget and advise accordingly
- Create a preliminary schedule for the entire process from design to move-in
- Offer suggestions on products that may enhance the performance of the home
- Manage communications, ensure everyone is working towards the same goals.
- Manage negotiations for insurance money
“I am the defender of your target budget”
- Manage communications, ensure RFIs (Requests For Information) are concluded
- Review requests for payment and change orders
- Monitor schedule and alert appropriate team members of upcoming tasks
- Administrate weekly meetings
- Resolve conflicts before they become problematic (I am a certified mediator)
- Manage building or re-building of homes / Wineries / Large structures after disasters such as fire
- Manage general contractors, subs and materials
“I will be your trustworthy personal advisor”
- Ensure you receive all appropriate lien releases and warranties
- Monitor and offer advice on final payments and release of retained payments
- Create an Owner’s Operating Manual to help in the future control and maintenance of systems
“A home construction project should have a happy ending”